We are a digital design agency and a certified B Corp based in Vancouver, BC.
Our mission is to partner with organizations who see their business as a force for sustainable growth and positive impact for their employees, for their customers, and for the cultures and environments they influence. We tell stories and craft digital experiences that engage, energize, and impact people.
All Purpose was founded in 2017 as a multidisciplinary business that has quickly grown. Our teams include visual designers, brand strategists, UX engineers, developers, digital marketers, illustrators, video producers, editors, storytellers, project managers, animators, and researchers.
In order to support our mission, we are looking for an Office & HR Manager to help support our team. The ideal candidate must have strong relationship building ability (interpersonal skills), a forward-looking organizer with a growth mind-set, and be passionate about fostering a positive culture. You think of the individual as well as the collective in your decision making.
This is a part-time (20-30hr/wk) contract or employed position with room to move to full-time. We are open to candidates working remotely within core hours of 9am-5pm PST.
All Purpose is proud to be an inclusive employer. We are a certified Living Wage Canada employer and Pride at Work Canada partner.
- Be the first point of contact for all team members if they need support
- Manage direct stakeholder groups with all Office & HR Vendors
- Be responsible for all administrative functions of our office including HR duties
- Work with our executive team to create and update company policies
- Coordinate purchasing & equipment management
- Oversee the full-cycle recruitment process with our hiring manager & build out our pool of contractors/freelancers
- Oversee the onboarding and offboarding of all team members
- Mentor, train, and support your team including ongoing professional development & learning
- Collaborate with Finance and supporting Managers on items such as workforce analysis, headcount planning, and related metrics
- Manage our review process, pulse checks, performance management, and other regular check-ins
- Conduct all feedback and NPS surveys (including consolidating insights into action)
- Be the final review on all job postings and contracts
- Serve as Group plan administrator for employee group benefits
- Help hiring managers assess culture/work fit through the recruitment process and in interviews
- Assist with event planning or office catering, as requested
- Manage all HR/admin initiatives and ad hoc programming/reporting as requested
- Other duties as requested by management related to the company mission and vision
You have or you are
- 2+ years interviewing experience
- 3+ years experience in P&C / HR
- Experience in a creative agency or services firm is an asset
- Understanding of Bamboo HR, Google Suite, MS Office, Notion, Slack, and Zoom would be an asset
- Experience with a wide range of HR matters while remaining kind, compassionate and approachable
- A love for automation and process improvement. You will find creative and innovative ways to improve how we operate
- A flexible working schedule
- Great paid time off package - up to 7 weeks paid time off for all FTE’s (assuming 40 hour work week, prorated for less)
- A strong benefits package including extended health benefits, dental, and health spending account
- As a certified living wage employer, we offer salaries above market value
- Meaningful impactful work as a certified social impact organization (B Corp)
- An inclusive workplace with resources deployed to improving Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (JEDI)
We are grateful to be located in the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) and səl̓ílwətaʔɬ (Tseil-Waututh) Nations.